Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Hooray for Dad

Today is Hubs's birthday, I thought today would be a good day to express my appreciation for something in particular that he brings to our family.

Namely, he has a nonexistent threshold for the kid activities for which I have about two minutes of patience/interest, such as wrestling and snowball fights.

I don't know how many moms wrestle with their kids (we didn't wrestle with our mom. Is it a thing?), but I'll humour the kids for a few flips or being a human jungle gym. RAWRR. Tackle, etc.

Then I'm done and ready to move on. Anyone want to draw or read a book or clean out the fridge?

Hubs, on the other hand, not only wrestles with the kids, he has an absolute ball doing it. They'll be roaring and shrieking for a good half-hour. Yay for Dad, because the kids sure like it.

Same goes for snowball fights. I love sledding, making snowmen and making forts, but snowball fights, not so much. Here is a graph illustrating our respective enthusiasm when the kids invite us to have a snowball fight:



Or, to put it another way,



Sometimes I wish I had a higher tolerance for that stuff. But then, the kids have a more-than-willing participant in their dad, and for that I'm grateful. And I imagine the kids are too.

Happy birthday, Hubs. Love you. I'll be over here drawing.

2 comments:

  1. Hubs sounds like a great man and a fabulous dad, Janet! I love your images!

    ReplyDelete