Monday, October 31, 2011

The Fam

Hi folks,

Allow me to introduce you to the family, including my sonny boy, whom I'll call Owen in my cartoons. I debated whether to use our real names. Though my characters are our likenesses, changing their names allows for some artistic license and lets us distance ourselves a bit from my anecdotes. I learned that lesson from one of my favourite cartoonists, Lynn Johnston (For Better or For Worse) who in turn learned it from Cathy Guisewite (Cathy). Cartoonist wisdom!


So to start off, here's the threesome at a family cottage over the summer (drawn as a thank-you card for use of said cottage). It was the best kind of vacation for a first summer with a baby. I figured it wasn't the time to try backpacking through the wilderness. Maybe when he's a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment